Thursday, October 4, 2007

Ian's busy book

This has been taking up all of my time and I am kind of glad that there are at least a couple pages put together so I can take a little break (even though I still have three to put together - including a magnetic tic tac toe one that curt can't wait for - and many many more I want to do).

Cover - oil cloth, I still need to buy the rings so it is put together with yarn
Page one - the lettering is all done with iron-ons


The froggy mouth is a zipper - with felt bugs inside


The rocket page is my favorite - designed after the rocket ship on Ian's japanese eating mat on his little table - the planets velcro on and off.Actually the watermelon is designed after that mat too - seeds are snaps.


The robots arms and legs are brads so they move - and the doggy has a leather nose, furry ears and a sandpaper paw


THis page has netting in the basket so you can see what is in there (thanks laura's mom for that good idea and for pattern book!)
I also just finished pillow cases to go with the comforter of Gran's that I made this summer (you can't tell but they are made with the same fabric that I backed the quilt with) - I am a sewing fool. Next up chair cushions for the kitchen and a little curtain - but I need moms help :(

10 comments:

brooklyn said...

i'm speechless. it's talent beyond response.

carrie said...

Wow Amy. Did you develop that entire book on your own? I am inspired. I want to make one! Not that anything would ever remedy the craziness of our daughter in church. And the quilt is fantastic. Ok. So give me some tips so I can make one of those fantastic books.

Kathy Clay said...

I'm sure you are making Ashley jelous and she'll just have to make one for Parker! The book is so cute. What a lot of work! Ian is a lucky boy!

acl said...

Carrie - I had a book from the 1960s that I got from my friend Laura Daines mom - which was super cute and old school but kind of cheesy so I made most of the patterns myself. Just buy nice felt (like 100% wool). I'll send you any of the patterns that you want. and it has been helpful - but sacrament is always a little bit of a nightmare.

Kyrsten said...

Oh my goodness! I've been searching & searching for a pattern for a quiet book! Yours is beyond anything I've ever seen! Could you let me know how to get a copy of the pattern? Please Please Please
kyrstens@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

braudel rutgers albert self jackson nathan civilian toledo weakened largeness issuing
lolikneri havaqatsu

VMDH said...

Where did you get your iron-on numbers for your clock. I have looked and looked and can't find any cute ones that are small enough.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have been searching for a busy book pattern to make for my little man. I LOVE yours! Would you mind sharing the patterns with me?

Anonymous said...

Hi, I would love to make one of those cute busy books too. Could you also share your pattern with me? I would love it.

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel